U.S. Nationwide Poverty Stats
for 2013 from the U.S. Census Bureau
Poverty rates for 2013 are down from those of 2012!
- Decrease in poverty over 2012
- Nationwide 14.5% poverty rate, down from 15% in 2012
- 45.3 million people at or below the poverty line compared to 46.5 million in 2012
- Family poverty rate at 11.2% compared to 11.8% in 2012
- 30.6% of female single-parent families in poverty compared to 30.9% in 2012
- 5.8% of married couple families in poverty compared to 6.3% in 2012
- Poverty line for family of four is $23,834 compared to $23,492 in 2012
- Age 18 to 64 is 13.6% compared to 13.7% in 2012
- Age 65 and over is 9.5% compared to 9.1% in 2012
- Children under 18 is 19.9% compared to 21.8% in 2012
Most Recent Florida Poverty Stats
The newest poverty statistics for Florida, and other states, have been posted online by the Economic Research Service of the USDA on March 12, 2014. Click here and select the state for which you wish to view statistics.
2013 statistics are not yet available.
Florida 2012 Summary:
- Poverty in Florida has increased to a statewide average of 17.2% compared to 17% in 2011.
- 25.6% of Florida's children now live in poverty (ages 0 through 17)
- Florida statewide average poverty rate was 15.1% in 2009.
Benevolence Support Services (BSS), LLC offers these online Charities & Social Services Directories as free services to all who find them useful. These directories are used primarily as quick look-up tools to match people's needs with services. They also serve as an excellent source to familiarize yourself with charities, agencies and other services available statewide and within your county.
Organizations that may wish to use these directories include charities, churches, doctors' offices, hospitals, law enforcement, schools, counselors, mentors, case workers and social services agencies in general.
Important Note: Because these directories are updated frequently, please use your browser's refresh button to replace the pages in your browser's cache with the most recent ones. Do this when you go to a directory for the first time each day.
could say a prayer and just move on
Help us get the word out about this Web site. Tell anyone in charities, churches, doctors' offices, hospitals, institutions, law enforcement, schools and social services agencies. This site will help them help those in need. Thank you.
Florida County Directories
© 2010 - 2014 Benevolence Support Services, LLC Legal Disclaimer